
I have been asked to be a hike leader (coach but we aren't called coaches) for a program called hike for discovery. It is basically the same program as team in training but rather than training for marathons, 1/2 marathons and triathlons the participants are training to hike the Grand Canyon or Yosemite! All of the participants are still fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society just as with TNT. Our season kicked off on February 3rd and we have had three group hikes. The season is off to a good start and I have already met some wonderful people. This picture is from the group that I led at our hike last weekend at Piestewa Peak. ( Squaw Peak) He isn't in the picture because I am taking the picture and he is with me but Bogey joined us for the hike too! He did great and loved it! It is Jesse's turn this weekend with a hike in the McDowell Mountains. I will post more pictures as the season goes on and as our trip to the Grand Canyon, May 4th gets closer! Hike On! (That is what we say....instead of Go Team like TNT says, we say Hike On! :-) )
No comments:
Post a Comment