This weekend I flew back to Missouri to celebrate that my sorority in college (Kappa Alpha Theta) was celebrating 100 years at the University of Missouri. I flew into St. Louis and Linda and I were able to spend the day together on Friday getting our nails and toes done and just hanging out. We met up with Amy and Aimee for dinner which was fun. I got to meet Amy's little boy Trevor who is so cute! We then hit the road early Saturday morning and drove to Columbia. The first part of the celebration were the "decade" brunches. The 1990's brunch was at 11. It was fun to see a lot of old faces and hear what everyone is doing. Then we drove over the the Theta House for a tour or the newly remodeled house. I thought it was nice when I lived there but they sure have made improvements! The actives in the house came out and sang the songs that we used to have to sing at "Rush" it felt like the old days and I even remembered all the songs myself.

The Theta House

Jody, Amy, Linda, Aimee and Lainie on the Theta Lawn
Then it was off to Tropical Liquors...everyones favorite. It was a beautiful day so we all sat outside and caught up while we enjoyed our favorite drinks!

Everyone chilling on the Trops patio.

Amy, Molly and Kristin
The big dinner was that night and the key note speaker beiing Senator Claire McCaskill. She is the first Woman elected to the United States Senate from the state of Missouri. Politics aside :) , She gave a great speech. The entire dinner was very nice and it was such an amazing feeling being in the room with over 500 women and thetas all of who were doing amazing things. I definitely had a feeling of pride and the whole evening made me proud to be part of such a great organization of women.

Senator Claire McCaskill
It was a fun weekend and a great way to celebrate Thetas 100 years at Mizzou! Hope they are there for 100 more!
No comments:
Post a Comment