I wanted to share the exciting news that Jesse and I have been chosen to be one of 7 pet therapy teams from Hospice of the Valley to be a part of the pilot pet therapy program with Ryan House. We are so excited and honored to be chosen! (click on Ryan House, it is a link to their website to learn more)
Before I began volunteering with HOV, I had contacted Phoenix Childrens Hospital. I thought that my desire was to work with children. Well, to my disapointment, I was told by PCH that pet therapy teams there needed to have at least a year of experience. They suggested I contact HOV and volunteer with them first. After over two years of volunteering now with HOV, I couldn't imagine leaving. I was thrilled to find out when I start with HOV that they were a partner in Ryan House. It was years away but I was told they would put my name on the list of those interested in working with children and when the time was right would let me know. Well the time has come and Ryan house is opening in March! Since HOV Pet Connections has well over 100 teams, they are doing a pilot program using those teams and Jesse and I will be one of them!!
I start my training next month and will start visiting in March. Our day to visit will be Sundays. I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is amazing! You are awesome. I am sure you will bless many families.
Yay!! How fun for you both :) That is very exciting
Post a Comment