About 8 months ago, I noticed some water stains on my ceiling. It was winter and we had rain so I thought I had a roof leak. I had a roofing company come out and they thought it was my vent on my roof and he "patched" it and luckily didn't charge me. Months later, I noticed the stains had increased and thought well, guess the guy didn't fix it after all. I had the roofing company come out again. They told me they thought they knew where it was coming from and to schedule them to come out and repair it. I have had it on my list of things to do for months now and everyday I thought to myself, "Monsoon season is coming, I need the roofing people to come back out." This is one time I am glad I dropped the ball because last weekend I found out it was never a roof leak! I have had an AC leak for the last 8 months and did not know it.
Last Friday I randomly looked up at my ceiling and noticed a totally new area of water stains and a fresh bubble of water. I was very confused because at this point, we had not had any rain. So I called Shawn. Unfortunately he couldn't come over till Saturday evening. Saturday morning I work up to yet another new area of stains and more water and this time my floor was wet and it was dripping from a small hole!! When Shawn came over he went up in my crawl space and discovered an AC leak! He was moving some of my SOAKED insulation and barely touch my ceiling and it fell through. What a mess!! Luckily the AC guy came out on Sunday and the AC is now fixed but I have a hole in my ceiling and now have dry wall to repair!
I guess it is always a good idea to look on the bright side. The bright side of all of this is, 1,Atleast I wasn't out of town and 2, the AC worked the whole time and 3, It could always be worse!
original stains from what I thought was a rood leak
Last weekends mess!!
A big hole!
No comments:
Post a Comment