Monday, June 04, 2012

Lucky Duck

Last Saturday the Rotary Club did their big fundraiser which is a duck race.  For $10 you "adopt" a rubber duck the winner won $10,000.  There were 25,000 ducks that were dropped off the bridge over the Wando River.  Then they have boats in the water with the same ropes and stuff they use for oil spills to contain the oil.  It was fun to watch.  I had two ducks in the race.  My friend Meredith and I shared custody of a duck and then I bought a duck on my own as well. I was not the lucky winner but it was a fun event and nice to know I had a chance. 

I brought the dogs with me down there and while we were watching I let them wade in the water since it was so hot.  While walking in the sand there were a TON of little crabs.  All those little dots are crabs.  Kind of cute!

No comments: