Monday, September 03, 2007

Midwest Tour

Last Tuesday I flew to Omaha, Nebraska to spend a few days with my friend Jen and her husband Jim! We had a good dinner on Tuesday, lunch, shopping and a tour of the city on Wednesday and a great home cooked steak and potato dinner Wednesday. I hit the road Thursday and headed to Missouri. I stopped in Kansas City and enjoyed lunch with my friend Heidi and then continued onto Columbia where I met up with Julie! Friday Julie and I played in a golf fundraiser tournament for the Women's Golf Team.

My Team for the tournament...we didn't win but we had a lot of fun and drank a lot of beer!

Then Saturday Julie and I hit the road and proceeded onto St. Louis where we watched the tigers play Illinois in their first football game of the season. It was a great game that almost gave me a heart attack!

Scoreboard before the 3rd quarter...when Illinois scored 21 points and I was almost in tears! When I took this picture I thought it was a sure win....but it ended up being a close call. A WIN non the less!

Great seats..40 yard line...10 rows up!

Final Scoreboard! GO TIGERS!!

Then Saturday night Julie and I met up with Linda and her husband Steve and their friends Amy and Justin. We went downtown for a jazz festival.

Linda, Steve, Amy and Justin

Julie and I

It was a great trip filled with my favorite things....Missouri Tigers and Good Friends!!

No comments: