Sunday, February 10, 2008

Titanic exhibit

Yesterday my friends Toni, Amy and I went to the Arizona Science Center for the Titanic Exhibit. We started with the Imax movie about the Titanic. It was very interesting and neat to see before we started the tour. Before you enter, you are given a "ticket" which has an actual name of a passenger that was aboard the ship and it gives a little bit of information about the person. My name was Mrs. Boulton Earnshaw (Olive Potter) and I was traveling on the Titanic because I was taking a trip to Europe in an effort to take my mind off an impending divorce. I was traveling with my mother, my friend and her dog. and I was a 1st class passenger. It also said that Olive was an avid traveler making several trips to Spain and Bermuda throughout her life. The exhibit had all sorts of stories, artifacts, rooms set up like they were. There was an ice wall that if you touched it, was the actual temperature of the water. (Let me tell you it was cold!!!) Then the last part of the exhibit, there was a wall that had every passenger's name on it and you could see if the passenger you recieved lived or died. I was a survivor and my friend Amy was as well. Toni's passenger unfortunately didn't make it. Getting the ticket with a real passenger's name made the exhibit seem all the more real. It was a really cool exhibit and we enjoyed the afternoon!

No comments: