Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Friends Rocking,Rolling and Racing!

This weekend my college friend Annie (Moskoff) Sasseville came to visit and to run the Arizona Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon. She came with a friend of hers from Denver also named Annie. I hadn't seen Annie S. in a while and so it was just nice to spend time with her catching up and hanging out. It was fun to meet Annie F. too who was a lot of fun. Our weekend started by a trip to the Race Expo for the girls to pick up their race packets followed by a nice sushi dinner. Saturday we enjoyed lunch at Arcadia Farms and then ventured out to IKEA. The girls don't have an IKEA and expressed a big interest in going, if I was willing to go. We then went to Uncle Louie's for a pasta dinner so Annie and Annie could "carb load" for the race in the morning.
I drove the ladies to the starting line bright and early and then drove to mile 2.6 where I caught Annie S. run by but missed Annie F. I then drove to the finish line where I was able to see Annie F. finish but missed Annie S. :) It was so much fun to watch these girls who are amazing athletes. They ran it so fast and made it look so easy! Annie S. had a personal best at 1:37 and Annie F. finished in an amazing 1:48! They both run like the wind. Maybe someday running will be that easy for me, but I doubt it. After the girls showered and got their stuff together we enjoyed a nice lunch at The Farm at South Mountain before I dropped them off at the airport.
Congrats to both of them and thanks for such a fun weekend!! I am already hoping they will come back next year!
Annie Sasseville and Annie Fox outside IKEA
Annie and Annie after the race with their medals
Annie, Annie and I after they ran 13.1 miles

No comments: