Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sunrise Skiing

Sunday my mom and I drove up to our cabin in Pinetop, Arizona to go skiing on Monday. The drive up on Sunday was great, the roads were great which was nice since after all the storms last week, my mom was a little nervous. Once we got to our cabin though we were surprised to see so much snow that we didn't know if we could get up the driveway. We tried and.....got the car stuck. Couldn't go forward because of all the snow and couldn't go backwards because of all the ice on the street. Hmmm.....what do we do? Well, I used a shovel to chop away at ice on the street that our tire wouldn't go over and FINALLY it worked. Luckily our neighbors were here and they had their driveway cleared before they drove up. My mom knocked on their door and they were kind enough to let us park in their driveway for the next few days! Other than that, the trip was wonderful. We woke up Monday and put on our ski stuff and drove 45 minutes North to Sunrise Ski Resort and had a great day! By the end of the day though it was SO cold and windy at the top of the chair lift that I coudn't feel my lips! After a day of skiing we enjoyed dinner and a movie with a fire going!! We work up Tuesday to it snowing hard and we hurried out of there before the roads got bad and we made safely home!! It was another fun trip up North to enjoy the cold weather and snow! I love it and am already looking forward to my friends and I going up again in a few weeks. My Mom and I after a day of skiing
My mom walking to go turn off the water...lots of snow!!
The Cabin view as we were leaving

No comments: