I have had the wonderful opportunity to help with the special olympics golf clinics at Rolling Hills in Tempe. The clinis are on Wednesday evenings and have been going on through the month of August & September. These clinics are to get the athletes prepared for the state tournament that is October 17th. I have volunteered to help on the 17th as well and will be walking 9 holes with a group as a score keeper. I am really looking forward to the event! I know it will be even more fun and rewarding than the clinics have been. I have gotten to know some of the olympians and they are just neat people with great personailities! I leave each week counting my blessings and with a new life lesson! These athletes have taught me more than I could ever teach them!

Rick is on the right, he is one of my favorites! He is always so happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment