Friday evening she picked me up at the airport and her husband Jim made a wonderful dinner, steak, asparagus and potatoes and of course a pitcher of margaritas! It was so fun to just catch up. After the girls went to bed, Generic and I sat out on the patio and caught up until midnight!! Saturday we ventured out with the girls to the Omaha zoo. I had been there before and remembered loving it. It did not dissapoint this time either. We didn't get to see the entire zoo due to short legs that don't walk fast and nap times approaching. What we did see was great and I was thrilled to see the gorillas since in AZ we don't have them! We picked up lunch at a college favorite, Panera. Panera was a college staple so it is always fun when I am back in the midwest to grab lunch there again. After nap time and some play time at home, Generic's husband relieved us and we went to listen to a band play and do some window shopping at a very nice outdoor mall near her house and followed that up with a bite of sushi. Sunday included a great breakfast, a target run, shopping and lunch in the old market, ice cream from Ted and Wally's, and a walk on the pedestrian bridge that connects Omaha, Nebraska and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
It was a great weekend with a great friend and her family! I am crossing my fingers that She and Jim come visit next February as they are talking about. It is definitely hard having many of my closest friends live in other states, But it is nice to be able to pick up each time like no time has past and right where we left off! Love you Generic and I'll see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment