Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Palmetto State here I come!!

Well, it is official, I am moving to South Carolina! I can hardly believe it myself! I am an Arizona native and have Arizona love that runs deep! Yes, I am the one that in college would see a cactus on TV and cry! I love the Arizona beauty, the desert to me is breathtaking. I love that you can drive 2 or 4 hours and have snow and skiing. I love that 8 months of the year the weather is beautiful and you can spend time outside year around. I just truly love Arizona. So why am I moving to South Carolina....well bottom line, FAMILY! When my sister moved to Charleston 3 years ago, it was beyond hard. My sister and I are close and I definitely lost a friend. Plus she took my pride and joy, my nephew!! Since then I have also have a neice and not having children of my own, I pride myself on being the BEST AUNT! It melts my heart when they tell me they love me and that I am their favorite friend to play with! Now that I am moving, I will not have to miss the baseball games and ballet recitals. Aside from that, coming from the person who quite honestly hates change, I think I need change in my life. A little excitement and new experiences will do me some good.

I have great family and friends but obviously my sister and her family are not here. My parents are out there atleast 1/2 the year. (That is what grandchildren will do to you :) ) My friends are mostly married with families and busy lives of their own. I therefore spend a lot of time by myself. I am definitely strong and can stand on my own two feet and do my own thing so being alone isn't all bad. I have three dogs I love, a house I love, neighbors who are great, a gym I enjoy and volunteer with two organizations that leave me fulfilled! It will all be very hard to leave but I am comforted by the fact that good friends remain and with good friends, distance can not change the friendships. (Many of my close friends live in other states anyway so this certainly won't change those!)

I am trying to embrace this change with open arms and with full steam ahead and lots of prayers! I trust that God has a plan for my life and this is just part of it!













No comments: