Monday, March 21, 2011

Skiing at Sunrise

Sunrise Ski Resort
This weekend I went up to the cabin with my mom to go skiing before the season ends. While it was certainly nice to go to Pinetop and my mom and I always have a good time, the skiing conditions were not good!! We got up there on Friday evening and just had some dinner and played cards and hung out. Saturday we got up, made breakfast and drove up to the resort. We decided on only ski 1/2 a day and thank goodness we did. There was not a lot of snow AT ALL! Where there was snow on the mountain, it was icey. Since I didn't ski last year it always takes me a few runs to get in the groove. I was very tenative because of the icey conditions. It certainly wasn't my favorite ski trip but glad we atleast tried. Lesson learned....March is too late in the season!
It was nice to be in the cooler mountain air though and just relax since I have a lot on my plate these days. We took two long walks with the dogs which they of course loved. Once I move I will really miss the cabin and Pinetop. I love it up there and have so many great memories of family trips up there. I hope this trip was not my last!
Thanks for going with me mom, I love you and love our mother-daughter bonding trips up North!

Cyclone Lodge where we park....usually this is ALL snow and you can ski up to the door, not this time!

No comments: