Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Shelves = Happy Homeowner

I have really been enjoying getting settled in my new house.  The one thing that has been frustrating though is that I was used to an entire wall of shelves in my old house.  The new house had no shelves.  Since moving here, I have been to nearly all the furniture stores in town looking for shelves that would look nice.  I had NO success!  They either were too small, the wrong color, wrong style, you name it, just not a fit for my house!  My parents contacted their contractor and he came to the rescue.  He called the painter and carpenter he uses in many of his new builds and they came and built some built in shelves for me!  I have finally been able to start putting things up and am getting rid of the pile of "stuff" in my dining room!  I guess when you get older, it is the little things in life that are exciting!  Yeah for shelves!






No comments: