Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Magical Memories

The most magical place on earth....DisneyWorld!! I couldn't agree more! My sister and her family were going to Orlando and Disneyworld because Joe had a conference there and I was lucky enough to be invited to tag along. Being a West coast girl, I of course had been to Disneyland but unfortunately had never experienced DisneyWorld. I loved it and look forward to going back!!
We arrived late last Wednesday night and were there Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and drove home Monday at lunch. Thursday we spent the day at Magic Kingdom. Friday morning we started the day with breakfast with Cinderella and other princesses in Cinderella's castle. My neice LOVED it! Friday night Magic Kingdom was closed for everyone except people who had a ticket for Mickey's Christmas. We were one of the MANY ( it was PACKED, a little too many people for my liking) people lucky enough to have purchased tickets. They had snow on main street, a Christmas themed parade, fireworks, a Christmas show, free hot chocolate and cookies. Plus the rides were open and characters were everywhere. It was so fun and a great way to get in the holiday spirit. Saturday we had lunch with Winnie the pooh and friends and spent the morning at Magic Kingdom and the afternoon at Epcot. I loved epcot! The BEST part was going to Norway. I ate all my favorite norwegian foods, was able to speak norwegian to all the people working there. I was grinning from ear to ear. I thought it was so neat, all the countries had students who were from the various countries working there. They were students who were on work/study programs for a year. I took lots of pictures and sent them to my mom. She would have loved it! Sunday we actually hit Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We were told that the lights at Hollywood Studios were a must see. It was SO worth it and we all loved it! Plus my brother in law and I got to do Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios which was fun. Sunday we also had a princess dinner at the resteraunt in Norway at Epcot called Akerhus. This was a dinner with Belle and some other princesses. Again my niece was excited! Plus we got to have a traditional norwegian dinner!
It was hard to leave Monday because as I told my sis....you really are in a totally different world there. You are happy and forget about anything you have going on in your life. It was a complete escape from reality and I loved it! So glad I got to experience this with my sis and her family! Love you guys and thanks for the memories!!

A show at magic Kingdom
Minnie and Mickey and I at Mickey's Christmas party
Tinker Bell flying accross from Cinderella's castle
Fireworks at the Christmas Party
Christmas Show
Eyore and I
Tigger and I
Piglet and I
Pooh and I
Magic Kingdom decorated for Christmas
Epcot
Hollywood Studios Christmas lights
Hollywood Studios Christmas lights

Norway at Epcot
Electric Light Parade
Cinderella in the electric light parade



No comments: