Thursday, November 10, 2011

SURPRISE!!

Last Friday I had the BEST surprise ever!!!  I walked into my house after work to 3 of my best girlfriends from AZ there!  I had no idea they were coming.  After some corresponding, planning and scheming with my sister it worked out for Meghan and Mitzi to fly in from AZ and Singne to drive up from Atlanta.  They all got into town around 2pm and killed time until I came home a little after 7pm.  When I saw them I burst into tears!  I could still cry at the thought of it.  I really do love the life I am creating in Charleston but my friends are the thing I miss the most from Arizona.  Man I have the best friends too!!   As I think more and more, Mitzi, Meghan and Singne are all married with young kids.  They left their husbands and children at home to come help surprise me, celebrate my birthday and just have a girls weekend!  JUST WHAT I NEEDED!!! 
Our weekend consisted of a true southern meal cooked by my sis on Friday night.  She worked hard so we could all enjoy Lowcountry Boil.  ( a first for me too so it was fun! (Thanks Tine!) Singne always comes through with the drinks so quite a bit of wine was consumed! (Thanks Singne and Mike!)  Saturday we woke up and headed to the spa at Charleston Place hotel for massages.  (My sister told me she was taking me to the spa for my birthday on the 4th so that I would block out my book and not schedule any lessons so they all decided to go ahead and still schedule massages but all of us would go)  We followed our massages up by having lunch at Fleet Landing which is on the water.  A few dolphins were spotted by Meghan so that was fun. We went to dinner at Vespa pizza near my house and enjoyed a fun night !  Unfortunately I had to work at 6am on Sunday so I worked until about noon while they slept in and got ready.  We then went to a yummy brunch at High Cotton and went for a drink at a rooftop hotel.  We then drove down to the beach at sunset which was beautiful and had dinner at the Boathouse.  Came home and continued the drinks and laughs!  Monday we had breakfast at Honeycomb Cafe before sending Singe on her way.  Mitzi, Meghan and I did some shopping on King Street followed by a long lunch on the water at Waters Edge at Shem Creek.  We were hoping for more dolphin sightings but unfortunately we didn't see anymore.  It's usually a sure thing at shem creek.  Next time girls!  Then Meghan had to leave and Mitzi and I had dinner and hung out till she left bright at early Tuesday morning.  
I felt like the time went way too fast and I was sad to see it end!  I love you girls so much and love how everytime we get together it is SO easy!  I love how we laugh at the same things and find things like chinese fire drills funny in our 30's! You girls keep me young and remind me of the importance of friendship!  No matter what the distance I know things will never change.  Already looking forward to our next adventure!!  
Meghan and Mitzi downtown

Mitzi and Singne having a drink at the house Saturday evening!
Meghan, Singne, Mitzi and I at Vespa
Meghan and I
Singne, Meghan and Mitzi....don't even ask about the lips.  Had to be there and funny to us!  
Singne, Meghan and I at High Cotton
Singne, Meghan and Mitzi on Sullivan's Island Beach
We saw lots of dead horseshoe crabs
Grayhawk Girls at the Beach
Meghan and Mitzi at Waters Edge
Meghan, Mitzi and I at Waters Edge

No comments: