Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pinetop Paradise

Last Friday after work I ran home got the dogs and hit the road to go up North to Pinetop. With the weather in Phoenix hovering around 115, going to Pinetop is more and more appealing! I got there Friday night and pretty much went to bed. Saturday I was able to sleep in, watch the British Open, go to the Country Club for lunch and then the plan was to play golf with my parents. The weather had other plans and it rained so the golf plans were cancelled. I ended up running some errands with my mom and we stopped to get a few movies. Nothing better than watching movies with it raining outside. We watched two movies, Flash of Genius and Gran Torino. They were both great movies! Sunday I got up and my mom and I took the dogs for a long walk, we were gone and hour and 15 minutes! The dogs were pooped! We then watched the final round of the British Open. ( So sad Tom Watson didn't win :( ) I then packed up and hit the road to come home. I really wish I could have stayed for the whole week. Even though it isn't cold, high 80's sure is better than 115! I hope to go back up in the next few weekends!

I was disapointed though that this didn't come visit while I was there....
The weeke before I came up, my parents were watching TV and my mom looked out the window and saw a bear crossing the fairway of the 8th hole. They got up and watched it walk over to our neighbors house and go in their garage. Before long, everyone was calling each other to tell them there was a bear. They don't shoot them with tranquilizer guns anymore unless they are aggressive. People were coming out in their cars to look at this beautiful animal. I was hoping she would make a 2nd appearance when I was up but no such luck!

No comments: