Sunday, October 18, 2009

Special Olympics State Tournament

Kenny, Elizabeth, Al and I


Saturday I volunteered at the Special Olympics State Golf Tournament at Vistal Golf Course near South Mountain. It was a great event that was extremely well run! I went out as a score keeper with a group that played in the "unified flight". There were different flights...Some of the athletes played 18 holes and played their own ball. Others only played 9 holes or less and also played their own ball. In the unified flight the athletes had a partner and they played alternate shot. I score kept for a team that were father and daughter, one group that were brothers and one that was just a player and a volunteer. The day was very inspiring for me and I am so glad I was able to be a part of it!
Each particpant got a medal. In each group that played, a gold, silver and bronze medal was awarded! The athletes loved it! Already looking forward to next year when for the first time it will be a 2 day event rather than just 1!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Terese, This looks awesome! What a great day. :) Hope you are well.