Sunday, March 21, 2010
New HOV Team!
Since I have been so happy with volunteering for Hospice of the Valley and doing therapy dog work with Bogey and Jesse, I have through the years encouraged ( she would say pushed) my mom to do it with Casey. Since work at the office has slowed down for my parents she has the time to do some other things. I really think Casey will be wonderful and I think my mom will enjoy it as well. We have both often talked about how pet visits would have been SO good for my grandma when she was in a nursing home. I know for me, this is my weird way of doing it for her and I think my mom will see it the same way. Well, Sunday my mom and Casey had their Therapy Dog International evaluation and they did great and passed with flying colors! My mom has already been through the Hospice of the Valley Volunteer training so as soon as she gets her TDI paper work back she is ready to get started. HOV and their many patients as well as other residents at the facilities they will visit will be lucky to have them! I am so proud of both of them!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment