Sunday, October 30, 2011

Kindness

Friday at work, I had the nicest surprise! I gave a 30 minute lesson to a member on Tuesday and he was very pleased. I saw him Wednesday and Thursday after he had practiced and he was very pleased with how he was hitting the ball and excited about his golf game. Friday later in the afternoon he came into the golf shop with a bouquet of flowers and said, "Thank you for changing my game". I was almost brought to tears at the gesture of bringing me flowers and how appreciative he was.
Just having students be excited about the changes they are making and seeing improvements in their game is validation for me that I am a good instructor and doing what I am suppose to do. This however was above and beyond! I am realizing that I really do love what I do and I am so happy to be back teaching again! I am where I am meant to be!

No comments: