Sunday the 29th was a great day, with my friend Julie coming in town for a week long visit! Julie and I played golf together at Mizzou and she lives in St. Louis. Julie is also in the golf business and had to be down in Orlando for the PGA show the previous week. Julie called me one day with a "great idea". She was going to have to be back in Florida on February 5th, and rather than flying back to Missouri, she was going to rent a car and come for a visit. I couldn't have thought of a better idea myself! I had not seen Julie since her wedding last January so seeing her was long overdue!
Julie got in town Sunday evening and stayed until Saturday. Our fun times included lunch at Magnolia's, shopping in the old market, a visit to the aquarium and a tour of the turtle hospital at the aquarium, fort sumpter, a walk on the beach, walks with the dogs, a jimmy buffett concert, lunch with my sis and the kids, dinner at Hanks, drinks on the roof top bar at grill 225 and watching a missouri basketball game! Lots of fun and laughs and good memories.
Julie thank you so much for coming to visit! I loved having you and loved showing you my new home! I hope I get to see you again soon and miss you already! Thanks for being such a special friend!!!

This is gumby, one of the rescued turtles


This turtle has had an amazing transformation, he's doing great!

These are pictures of what he looked like when he came in, barnacles were all over him!

Julie and I being silly

Julie holding a sea urchin at the touch tank. We were able to touch horseshoe crabs and sting rays as well as starfish in the touch tank too.

The big tank

Julie and I at the aquarium

Fort Sumpter

Julie and I on the rooftop bar at grill 225
No comments:
Post a Comment