The day of his birthday we were meeting for dinner and then going over to their house for cake and for him to open gifts. After work I drove to wonderworks and bought the frogs. I was lucky they even had the blue rock one that he had requested. They put them in a cute bag for me with some tissue and ribbon and I was set! I ran home to quickly change. I didn't want the frogs to sit in the car because it was a rather warm day so I brought them inside. I set them on the kitchen counter and ran upstairs to change. As I am upstairs I hear something hit the floor. I run down stairs and the bag is on the ground and Jesse is looking at me! When the bag hit the floor, of course the plastic container broke and the frogs were loose in the bag. I was lucky to get them and put them in a container with water. What to do now though!!!! I called my sis and we agreed that I shouldn't bring them because what if they didn't make it. He had lots of other gifts and I would just tell him that he got to go with Aunt TT to pick out frogs. Good thing that is what we decided, because I returned home from dinner to one dead frog and in the morning another dead frog! In hindsight, I think my mistake was putting a lid on the container, they had no air! :( Anyway, the next day after I got off work, I picked Tye up and we took a trip to wonderworks to pick up frogs. He was so excited and held them on the way home. He is really into the muppet movie these days so together we decided to name them Kermit and Gonzo! He has fed them every Monday and so far Kermit and Gonzo are doing well and
Sunday, April 15, 2012
Frog Fiasco
My nephew turned last week and one of his wishes was frogs from Wonderworks. Wonderworks is a fun store that has lots of toys for kids and one of the things they carry are these frogs. If you asked him what he wanted for his birthday, all he would say was a bike and frogs!! So my sis and I agreed that I would get him the frogs. A fun gift from Aunt TT! According to the people who work there they are hard to kill and last for a long time. They come with enough food for a year. All that is required is giving them 8 pellets of frog food once a week and you only have to change their water every 3-4 months! How much easier can it get right?
The day of his birthday we were meeting for dinner and then going over to their house for cake and for him to open gifts. After work I drove to wonderworks and bought the frogs. I was lucky they even had the blue rock one that he had requested. They put them in a cute bag for me with some tissue and ribbon and I was set! I ran home to quickly change. I didn't want the frogs to sit in the car because it was a rather warm day so I brought them inside. I set them on the kitchen counter and ran upstairs to change. As I am upstairs I hear something hit the floor. I run down stairs and the bag is on the ground and Jesse is looking at me! When the bag hit the floor, of course the plastic container broke and the frogs were loose in the bag. I was lucky to get them and put them in a container with water. What to do now though!!!! I called my sis and we agreed that I shouldn't bring them because what if they didn't make it. He had lots of other gifts and I would just tell him that he got to go with Aunt TT to pick out frogs. Good thing that is what we decided, because I returned home from dinner to one dead frog and in the morning another dead frog! In hindsight, I think my mistake was putting a lid on the container, they had no air! :( Anyway, the next day after I got off work, I picked Tye up and we took a trip to wonderworks to pick up frogs. He was so excited and held them on the way home. He is really into the muppet movie these days so together we decided to name them Kermit and Gonzo! He has fed them every Monday and so far Kermit and Gonzo are doing well and
Kermit and Gonzo at their new home!
The day of his birthday we were meeting for dinner and then going over to their house for cake and for him to open gifts. After work I drove to wonderworks and bought the frogs. I was lucky they even had the blue rock one that he had requested. They put them in a cute bag for me with some tissue and ribbon and I was set! I ran home to quickly change. I didn't want the frogs to sit in the car because it was a rather warm day so I brought them inside. I set them on the kitchen counter and ran upstairs to change. As I am upstairs I hear something hit the floor. I run down stairs and the bag is on the ground and Jesse is looking at me! When the bag hit the floor, of course the plastic container broke and the frogs were loose in the bag. I was lucky to get them and put them in a container with water. What to do now though!!!! I called my sis and we agreed that I shouldn't bring them because what if they didn't make it. He had lots of other gifts and I would just tell him that he got to go with Aunt TT to pick out frogs. Good thing that is what we decided, because I returned home from dinner to one dead frog and in the morning another dead frog! In hindsight, I think my mistake was putting a lid on the container, they had no air! :( Anyway, the next day after I got off work, I picked Tye up and we took a trip to wonderworks to pick up frogs. He was so excited and held them on the way home. He is really into the muppet movie these days so together we decided to name them Kermit and Gonzo! He has fed them every Monday and so far Kermit and Gonzo are doing well and
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment