Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Break Visitors

Spring Break for many includes taking a trip.  I was so glad that my best friend from high school Jamie, decided that their spring break trip would be driving to Charleston to visit me!  Jamie is definitely one of the great things about my move East.  Up until last year we would really only see each other every couple of years although we would e-mail, talk on the phone and send cards regularly.  Arizona to Virginia was just a long trip!  Now I have already seen her three times in one year and we have two more visits already scheduled!
Jamie, Brian, and their three daughters, Emma, Caroline and Jane arrived on Saturday the 31st and stayed until Wednesday.  Our visit included a trip downtown, a carriage ride, a little shopping in the old market, lunch on the water, playing in the fountain downtown, the South Carolina aquarium, eating BBQ and a trip to the beach!
I have been told that the highlight of the trip for the girls was my dogs!  They are all animal lovers expecially Jane the youngest.  The dogs did great with the kids except for one growl from Ripken who had just had enough one night.  Jesse was fantastic and let the girls pretty much do whatever.  It was a big deal to sleep by Jesse at night so we had to arrange air mattresses around Jesse's bed.  I think after they left the dogs missed the excitement and were a little bored with just me in the house.  :)
Thanks for a great visit Finch family and I look forward to seeing you all this summer!



No comments: