Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wild night with the Wilde girls!

Baby girl Piper! This was my first time seeing her crawl!
Big sister Petyon with Piper! (Presley informed me that she does not take pictures so unfortunately none were taken of miss Pres!)

The flower pots done by master artists Peyton and Presley

Last night I helped out my good friend Meghan so she and her husband Trevor could go to his work Christmas party. I ADORE her little girls so it is always fun to get to come and hang out with them. Plus it fills the void in my heart of spending time with my neice and nephew! I really have so much fun playing with kids and these three little girls are just the sweetest!

I always try to come up with something we can "do" when I come. It seems like each time I think I have a grand idea it becomes a little bit of a disaster though. One time we decorated plates. (Not sure Meghan ever sent those in though and got them back as plates...Did you Meg? :) ) Peyton was upset that she couldn't decorate hers exactly the way the picture on the box was. After a semi melt down we were able to draw other things but I think that project ends up being "the thought that counts". The next time I came we decorated cookies. I found princess glittery gel frosting that I thought the girls would like. The cookies came out of the oven not even close to looking like the shapes they were meant to be. They had all mushed together and were flat but they had fun decorating them anyway. (Again, the thought that counts. :) ) This time I went to Michaels and bought flower pots. I have lots of paint from my former craft days and thought the girls would enjoy painting flower pots. I think this one was probably one of the better project. The only thing is I forgot to bring the flowers for them to plant in their new pots. I'll have to drop those off in the next few days.

Meghan, thanks for letting me be a part of the girls lives and for sharing their sweetness with me! You and Trevor have a beautiful family and I love you all!

1 comment:

Meghan and Trevor said...

Oh and the Wilde girls love you! What a great time they had and the pots turned out so cute. Thanks for spending time the girls...and giving mommy and daddy some time off!