Monday, January 10, 2011

"Dog On" Good Weekend

This weekend was a busy weekend filled with dogs! Saturday Bogey had a bath and went to visit a new Hospice patient we have been assigned to. Bogey had not been on a therapy visit since April so I was a little nervous at how he would do but he did great. The patient liked Bogey and said she would love for us to visit again.
Sunday Jesse and Ripken both had baths and Jesse went on a therapy visit to Ryan House. She loves going there and visiting with the children. This time the mom was there as well so she got to visit with Jesse as well. I always love it when we get to meet family members. Whether we are at the retirement home or Ryan House, it is nice for family members to see Jesse and know that we are coming to visit their family member.
After Jesse and I were finished at Ryan House, I met my mom at Animal Rescue Center and we walked the Desert Labrador Retriever Rescue labs that are staying there. Right now there are 5 there, Ashlee, Dominique, Pluto, Hector and Presley. My mom and I take them and do about a 30-45 minute walk with each of them. Since there are 5 of them, we did our "route" 3 times. They all got a good walk and were worn out when we were done. So were my mom and I. We both laughed saying we were exhausted. Not only good excercise for the dogs, but good excercise for us! Makes me feel good that they can get out of their kennels and enjoy the outdoors a little. My small way of helping since I can't adopt them all! Certainly wish I could......
Ashlee is available for adoption or foster

Dominque is also up for adoption or foster


No comments: