Monday, January 17, 2011

Wedding Weekend & Mexico Memories

Thursday I was Mexico bound for my friend Julie's wedding! I was honored to be asked to be one of her bridesmaids and have been looking forward to this trip for a long time. Julie and I played golf together at Mizzou and she has been once of my closest friends since.
The wedding was on Friday, January 14th in Cancun, Mexico. We stayed at the beautiful Secrets Capri Resort. From the moment I got there, I felt relaxed and like I was in paradise. It was so nice to be away with no cell phone,computer, facebook or anything!
Thursday by the time I got there was basically just dinner and hanging out. Friday we started with yoga on the beach. Chris has an uncle that travels teaching yoga so Julie arranged for him to do yoga on the beach for anyone interested. I loved it! We then had a nice breakfast and showered and headed to the spa for hair and makeup. After we were finished we put our dresses on and met Julie in her room to help her get dressed. She looked beautiful and was so calm and just happy! The wedding was on the beach and the weather that day was perfect! Honestly the best day of weather we had the entire trip. After the wedding and pictures on the beach there was a cocktail party before we moved over to the reception. The reception was fun with lots of dancing and drinking. :)
Saturday we spent all day at the pool. Unfortunately it was sunny for a few hours and then clouds moved in. Still felt nice to just be out there but I didn't come home as tan as I had hoped! Unfortunately Sunday after breakfast and packing and a little hanging out , I had to head to the airport! The trip seemed to come and go so fast but it was great and I am so glad I could be there for Julie and Chris's special day!! I wish Mr. and Mrs. Hartmann all the best as they begin their life together! Love you both!
Ocean and Beach View
The bride and her bridesmaids after a day at the spa for hair and makeup...now time to go get the dresses on!
Pre Wedding pictures of the bride on her room patio, she looked beautiful!
We all couldn't resist getting a picture of Julie with the old man in his speedo in the background (or "weenie wrapper" as I learned some call them)
Myself and two of the bridesmaids, Gina and Shannon.
Gina, Kelly (sister of the bride), Julie, Shannon (made of honor) and I
Gina, Shannon and I at the cocktail party on the beach just after the wedding, before the reception.
Julie and Chris cutting the cake
Julie and I taking a break from dancing

3 comments:

Rach said...

I was reading Krista Kennedy's blog and saw her list of blogs and your name was there. How fun to see you have a blog. I hope you don't mind me reading it. Your pictures from Mexico look great.

Meghan and Trevor said...

Terese you looked beautiful!!!

Krista said...

You look awesome and amazing!! Glad you had a great time!