Monday, February 21, 2011

Lots to Celebrate!

Saturday I went to a surprise 40th Birthday Party for Christy Froehlich. The surprise party was at Aunt Chiladas. Christy and Paul met at Aunt Chiladas and that is where they went after they got engaged so it was an appropriate place for a birthday party for her. It was great, she had NO idea!! People came in from all over and she was shocked! I felt very honored to be included and am glad I was able to be there.
I got to know Christy when I was still involved with Team in Training. The season I got to know the Froehlich family, I was a mentor with Team in Training. If a participant does not have an honor patient of their own, they are assigned an honor patient to run for and be inspired by. Faith was our team's honor patient. Faith was diagnosed with leukemia when she was a year and a half. I met her shortly after that and while she was in treatment. What an amazing family!!!! They were always so willing to come to ice cream socials or pizza parties so that TNT paticipants could see Faith and be inspired by the sweet little girl! I have been lucky enough to stay in touch with them since and even stayed in touch when they moved to Maryland. Through Facebook, Christmas cards and their fundraising endevours, we have stayed in touch.
It was so fun to see them all on Saturday. Paul threw a great party for Christy! The girls were so grown up and are 9 years old! They were both so tall. (although I am finally coming to terms with that I must be short! :) ) Even though the girls did not remember me, they were so nice and were talkative telling me about things they are doing and about life in Maryland. They are both brownies and are involved in soccer. I was thrilled to hear that Faith just had her 5 years cancer free checkup!!!!! YEAH FAITH!! Now she only has to go to the doctor once a year for check ups! To celebrate her 5 years, Josie threw her a surprise party with her friends back in Maryland. 5 years......Now that is something to celebrate!!!!!!!
Thank you Froehlich's for letting me share in Faith's journey and for sharing your family with me! It was great seeing you!
The first time I met the Froehlich Family....Faith, Christy and her twin sister Josie

Faith, Christy and Josie at Chucky Cheese. ( I loved Faith's curls as her hair was growing back :))
Christy, Faith, Josie and I at San Felipe's shortly before they moved to Maryland
Faith and I!
Christy and the girls!
Now a recent picture.....Saturday, A picture with the birthday girl Christy, Faith, Josie and I








No comments: