Friday, February 04, 2011

Winter Weather in AZ

Believe it or not while most of the country is getting pounded with winter storms and multiple feet of snow, here in Arizona we are having abnormally cold temperatures too! I woke up Thursday morning to no water!!! Turns out my pipes froze due to the temperatures overnight getting in the low 20's! I was more then frustrated that I could not shower, had to brush my teeth without water, had to give the dogs metro mint water that I had in the fridge since their bowl was empty and couldn't make coffee!! I quickly became aware of how much I need running water! Luckily I went home over lunch and my pipes had thawed and my running water was back! So last night I covered my pipes with blankets and left the faucet in the bathroom dripping. I have seen neighbors who wrapped their pipes and covered their plants and I chuckled! Who does that in Arizona?? I have lived in AZ almost my whole life and have never covered pipes...Well, I guess everyone who wants water does! Next year I will be more prepared!

No comments: