Monday I was lucky enough that it was my day off and my friend Emily was down in Kiawah so I drove down to see her. Kiawah is only about 45minutes to an hour away so not a bad drive. She coaches the University of North Carolina-Greensboro women's golf team and they were there playing in the Palmetto Intercollegiate tournament. Emily and I worked together at Grayhawk YEARS ago and have kept in good touch since. We have seen each other a few times over the years but now that we live so close I have had the opportunity to see her a few times already. This time was especially exciting because her team placed 1st!! This was Emily's second win as a golf coach but the first official win since the first one was a tie and then they won in a score card playoff. I was so excited to be there for her first win! Her number one player is amazing and won the tournament as an individual as well so it was a good day in many ways for their team. Definitely fun to watch good golf and extra fun to watch my friend coach her girls to a win!! WAY TO GO UNCG!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment