As you all know, my dogs are a very important part of my life!! Since I don't have children of my own yet, they are my children! (Only they have fur!) The hardest part of having dogs is that they don't live forever and are not with us nearly long enough!!
A few weeks ago I noticed weakness in his Bogey's back legs. He would go down the stairs but not back up! When picked up, he cried. Took him to the vet on Monday and he has intervertebral disc syndrome. Basically narrow disc space between 3 vertebrae that are effecting the nerve. Options are steroids or back surgery! I am starting with steroids and going from there. Just don't know that I want to put a 12 1/2 yr old dog through back surgery. Praying steroids work!
Now no more sleeping on bed because he can't jump on or off furniture and isn't allowed to do stairs so I have to carry him up and down. Even if he starts to feel better, he was always have this in his back and therefore can never do stairs again or jump again or he can do permanent damage. So needless to say things are a little more stressful in my house and a little more work. I have to put gates up so he can't go up or down without me grabbing him and carrying him down. Definitely worth it to keep him healthy but I feel like I am always on guard.
Thanks for continued prayers, so hard to watch him struggle to hold himself up and struggle to walk! I love that boy with all my heart and pray he has years left in him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment