Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sold!!!

Well, I can officially say I sold my house!! I didn't want to jinx anything before it officially closed and yesterday it closed and I handed over keys! I can not believe how blessed I have been with everything about this move to South Carolina. Everything has happened with such ease. I truly feel like everything is a "sign" that this is what I am meant to be doing. As difficult as moving is for me, I feel in my heart it is "meant to be".
My house was due to be listed in MLS and go on the market on Monday April 11th. They came and installed the wooden post on Thursday the 7th but the sign was not officially up. A neighbor down the street saw the post in my yard and knew my house would be listed soon and left me a note. They knew someone looking to buy in my neighborhood. They came and looked on Saturday the 9th and we were in contract by Sunday the 10th and we closed on Wednesday the 20th!! I couldn't have asked for anything better. Now I can leave AZ and not worry about someone taking care of my yard, leaving electricity on or any other obligations.
Sold!?! Weird to see this sign in front of your own house that you have lived in for almost 8 years....bitter sweet!
The movers came on Monday the 18th. My mom and I are both at peace and feel very good about these movers. They have been excellent so far. ( ask me again once when I not only get my stuff but that it all arrives in one piece! ) They are due to arrive in Charleston on the 29th of April. I get the keys to my new house there on the 28th and then the movers arrive on the 29th!! I can hardly believe how things worked out on that end too! I'll post pictures of that house once I arrive. :)
Everything is out....house is empty!! Kind of sad to see my living room empty!!! :(

No comments: